Corrupted Gaming Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Legend of Zelda Topic

4 posters

Go down

The Official Legend of Zelda Topic Empty The Official Legend of Zelda Topic

Post  jazmanisawsome Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Hello there! I am a absolute Zelda fanatic! this thread is to discuss all things Zelda and to give views on the Timeline, New games or your favourite of the bunch.

I'll begin, i am a Linearist* not a Splitist* and I think that OOT just takes the cake for my favourite game over twilight princess, the reson for this is because of the awesome songs (see youtube profile).

Here is the Order in which i liked the games......

LOZ OOT > LOZ TP (just) > LOZ ALTTP > LOZ WW > LOZ PH > LOZ 1 > LOZ LA > LOZ OT/OS > LOZ 2 > LOZ 4S > LOZ MM

I have not played Minish cap so i cannot say if i like it or not, but i didnt like the fourswords because of the fact it wasnt true zelda, sure it may have been fun with friends, but the loner i am means that it wasnt that much.

*A linearist is a person who believes the Legend of Zelda Time Line is completly linear and that each game occurs after one another.
*A Splitist is a person who believes the Legend of Zelda Time Line is split into two sections according to the ending of OOT.

Timeline
The first timeline in the Splitist view is the Adult Link world, where it carries on after Zelda sent Link back to the past to enjoy his childhood leaving a world with only zelda and a sealed away Ganondorf. Games that supposedly stem from this Timeline are Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and one of the Oracle games.

The Second Timeline in the Splitist view is the Child Link world, where it carries on from Link in his childhood after the Adult Zelda sent Link back in time to enjoy his childhood, after besting Ganon. This is supposed to carry on with the Young Link and Young Zelda. Games supposedly stemed from this Timeline are Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past and one of the Oracle games.

I am a Linearist, I may not be right but the evidence in my favour can mostly be found in videos by Trueedge on Youtube.

Have fun discussing the Legend
jazmanisawsome
jazmanisawsome
Awesome

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://uk.youtube.com/user/jazmanisawsome

Back to top Go down

The Official Legend of Zelda Topic Empty Re: The Official Legend of Zelda Topic

Post  girlymaaan Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:05 am

Majora > Ocarina > Link to teh Past > Original > Phantom Hourglass > Twilight Princess > Wind Waker > Zelda 2

That's my somewhat weird order of preference.
As for the timeline, it's too damn confusing for me to choose, really.
girlymaaan
girlymaaan
getting used to the forums

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Qwertipman Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:51 am

Always wondered, why is it called legend of ZELDA, when :

A) The main character is called LINK
B) Zelda IS NOT IN THE GAME (oracle games)
or C) Why name the game after the series official "Damsel in distress" (seriosuly she should must be a professional hostage)

About the timelines: i'm more splitest, because link went back to becoming a kid again, his future self does not exist, meaning he could not have fought ganon (Time paradox!) thus causing two alternate timelines.

one where the life of young link and his decendents is followed, where the world is attacked by ganon later on (MM, LTTP,TP)
the other, which follows ganons destruction of the world in the future, causing hyrule to be flooded by the spirits (thus WW and PH make their arrival)

Also, why has NOBODY mentioned Minish cap?! One of the greatest games on the GBA, (after the Battle network series of course)

Last edited by Qwertipman on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Qwertipman
Qwertipman
Newb

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyper Shadow Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Worst to best

Link CDi- Zelda CDi- LoZ 2: Links avensure- LoZ- LoZ PH- LoZ Wind Waker- LoZ MM- LoZ TP- LoZ OoT- LoZ Collectors Edition (OoT, MM, LoZ, LoZ 2)

Still playing Ocarina of time and throughly enjoying it. Very Happy (Yay for collectors edition!)
Hyper Shadow
Hyper Shadow
getting used to the forums

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jazmanisawsome Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:44 pm

the reason it is called legend of zelda, is because Shigeru miyamoto was thinking of a name for the game, when he heard one of his favourite actors died, Zelda Fitzgerald. he thought that to honor her he'd call the game zelda in memory to her, but since zelda is a girls name, he had to give it to the princess instead of link.

i dont really like majoras mask as much as the others because it only has 4 dungeons, and you have to constantly go back in time. it should have had more than 4 dungeons, that ruined it for me. sure their are many good sidequests, but it is outweighed by the fact their are only 4 Bosses to fight!... (apart from the mask)
jazmanisawsome
jazmanisawsome
Awesome

Number of posts : 54

http://uk.youtube.com/user/jazmanisawsome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down